Get on Google+ . You don’t think your competition is on there now? Why wait to find out? However you choose to motivate yourself to embrace something, figure it out and get it going. Here are several reasons for you to drop what you”re doing and set up your personal and/or business Google profile:
1. Everyone will be there soon.
2. Circles allow you to “privately” message with whomever you please at a given time. Privately is in quotations because the people you”re engaging can share your message with whomever they please. You might want your message shared. If you don”t, sorry, people leak secrets everyday in the real world. By the way, there are no more secrets in this world.
3. Google is integrating Google seamlessly throughout the rest of its properties. Access to your Google network is getting easier day by day.
4. Hangouts” (video chats) reach is scalable. Hangout with one person, one of your circles, or the public. While in a hangout, the entire chat can watch a YouTube video.
5. Google Music is no fluke. I”ve seen people working Google Music into their Google streams. Artists and record labels, are you reading this?
6. Brand pages are in their infancy. Google is bound to expand their power. Grow your brand”s presence on Google right now. You can find Nao on Google .
7. Photos are gorgeous on Google . You can even edit your photos within the platform.
8. I have a series of blog posts coming up at the top of the year that will break down Google for the following industries: marketing, sports (athletes, teams, and agents), music (artists and labels), real estate, and small business in general.
Chris Craft is the CVO of Atlanta marketing firm Nao Media and Consulting and blogs about marketing and branding athttp://ChrisLovesYou.com. Follow him on Twitter – @ChrisQueso.